Sunday, July 8, 2018

April-June

So my calendar says:

April 5th a big group of us went to the Shake Shack and headed to see A Quiet Place. Both were fun times with good friends. I loved it. I tried to set up subsequent dinner & movies but unsuccessfully. What did come from it though was a friendship with Meg that I can feel is such a lifelong friend. So, totally worth it. On the 21st Cliff, Shannon and Andrew came up and went to Stacie's wedding the 20th. My car was dying out and getting there safely didn't seem possible. On Saturday we went to Chuck E Cheese's and had such a great time. It was good to seem him having so much fun and I loved being there with them. Toward the end of the month we finally saw Black Panther and I loved, loved, loved it. I wasn't supposed to be rooting for Killmonger but I enjoyed Michael B Jordan's portrayal. Great work all around. Danai was brilliant as always.

May - On the 4th I went with my Boo Heather to see U2. They did such a great job and the Boo was happy. To see her happy makes my day every time. It's rare to have such a best friend for so long. May 12 we went with Boo to see Pointfest. Candlebox was really good. The reboot of Stone Temple Pilots was interesting. Shinedown was the surprise of the night for me because I thoroughly enjoyed their set. The night wrapped with the reboot of Alice In Chains. It meant a lot to me to be there for Heather and watch her experience bands she'd loved so much. It was a great night.

The 18th was going to be dinner and a movie with Deadpool 2 but absolutely everyone backed out. It made me so sad but eventually just Jen and I went. It kicked ass so I was over it. May 25 me, Jen and Heather Boo went to see Ghost. I remember I was excited to get tickets and get row X cause I felt it was kinda cool to get seats where we'd be able to see the whole show but if I could go back I'd have gotten us closer but I felt the show was amazing minus being farther away than anyone of us wanted to be. I feel like I let them down by getting tickets that far away, but we had a good time.


June ended fairly awesomely. On the 22nd we went to dinner with Meg at Twisted Ranch. The food was delicious and then we headed to see Jurassic World 2. It was a good watch but too heart breaking when the brontosaurus crumbles into his death. I'll never again watch it but I'm glad I saw it because I love the franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment